Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"THIS IS WHY HE FLOPPED" MIMS!!



Damn MIMS, I guess you not hot.
I mean "you had a spark when you first started but, now your just garbage"- JAY-Z
His album is not all that bad, I like "Don't Cry" and umm.... "This is why Im hot".
Here is a album review I enjoyed.

Hip-hop needs a breath of fresh air, sure. What it doesn't need is an audaciously unoriginal rapper. As if it isn't deplorable enough that Mims allowed dirty-South-grooved production to overwhelm his natural East Coast flavor, the 26-year old Manhattan MC adopts Jay-Z's staccato flow throughout Music Is My savior.

Too bad, Mims' shoddy lyrics punctures his pompous pose on "This Is Why I'm Hot," making his chief influence look like Mark Twain. "With hip-hop, it's no longer a lyrical thing," Lil' Jigga concedes on "Where I Belong."

Mims' bout with identity crisis takes him to Harlem, where he makes a quick stop to pay homage to Cam'ron: "You say you a killer killer...you claimin' your flow is sick, well, mine is iller iller,"he rhymes on "You Don't Wanna Play." Let's just call it filler filler. "So live, this is why I'm hot," he later reiterates on the same track. You know you're having a bad day when your album is littered with ineffective references to your only smash.

The good news is that Mims is not entirely skilless, seamlessly shifting from pimp tales ("Big Black Train") to reflective narratives ("Don't Cry," "Doctor Doctor"). But in this melting pot of southern bounce, spurious rhymes, and stylistic mishaps, Music is My Savior fails to live up to hype.

Forget Music, Mims needs a new messiah. What You Think?

No comments: