Saturday, November 10, 2007

Mr. Frank Lucas Interviewed By Allhiphop.com




Allhiphhop.com You guys did a real good interview....props on that.

Here are some of the questions you guys asked that I really liked.

AllHipHop.com: That’s a good message to send. I recently spoke to some people and they were asking me if American Gangster would be adopted like Scarface has been embraced by Hip-Hop. I told them no…the stories end differently. Secondly, you have expressed a certain amount of remorse.

Frank Lucas: I have all the remorse in the world. I didn’t do it right. That was a terrible thing I did. Also, you gotta understand. Me and "Scarface" were in two different worlds. He was in the cocaine world and I was in the other world - the real dirty world.

Frank Lucas: You know, when Nicky was out there, I know he did a lot of bad things, they treated him like a dog when he wasn’t out there [jail]. I heard after three months, he couldn’t buy a pack of cigarettes. They took all their money and dogged him.

AllHipHop.com: Are you talking about The Council? [Nicky Barnes organized and strengthened his power base by uniting other powerful drug dealers called The Council.]

Frank Lucas: I didn’t know nothing about no Council when I was out there. I wouldn’t play that. If somebody wants to be a Don or a Gambino, the other guy wants to be Al Capone. The other guy wants to be Frank Nitti. Hey, you turn around [and] you got a mess. There wasn’t no damn Council. I can tell you that right now. That’s not true. Anybody [contradicts] that, they lying.

llHipHop.com: Jay-Z recently recorded an album inspired by the movie. He had a line on his song "No Hook" that was talking about you. I’m sure you heard it.

Frank Lucas: No, I haven’t. I don’t listen to Mr. Jay-Z’s music, but please tell me what it is.

AllHipHop.com: He says, “I’m more Frank Lucas than Ludacris” and Ludacris is a rapper. Then he says, “Frank Lucas is cool, but I ain’t trying to snitch.” Now, I know that you on record have addressed that situation, but…

Frank Lucas: Tell that young man to watch his mouth. Please watch his mouth. Tell that young man to please watch his mouth. Mr. Jay-Z, tell him to please watch his mouth. You saw the movie?

Frank Lucas is a snitch is what I say. I really don't give a shit about what he did.
He is not an American Gangster and correct me if I'm wrong but he snitched on the cops,the Italians,and everybody else to get lesser time. He is no better than Nicky Barnes when he was testifying wearing a black hood on his face. What you think?